Direzione Regionale per i Beni culturali e Paesaggistici dell'Abruzzo


Heritage sites

Statal Museums

Trittico di Alba Fucens
CELANO (AQ) - Sacred Art Museum of Marsica - Triptych of Alba Fucens

 

L'AQUILA (AQ) - ABRUZZO NATIONAL MUSEUM  

The Museum is currently unusable due to the earthquake of 6 April 2009.

The Ministry of Heritage and Culture, under the coordination of the Regional Directorate for Cultural Heritage and Landscape Project in the Abruzzi and museum centers of excellence, has started activities to set up the  headquarters in the former slaughterhouse of the Temporary National Museum of Abruzzo, thus contributing to the revitalization of a part of the historic center of L'Aquila. 

WEB: http://www.museonazionaleabruzzo.beniculturali.it/

 

Torna su
 
 
 
 
CELANO (AQ) - SACRED ART MUSEUM OF MARSICA 

The Piccolomini castle was founded around 1392 by Count Pietro Berardi. The Piccolomini family, whose coat of arms, the cross and crescent moon, appears in the center of the capitals of the columns of the upper gallery of the court, gave the castle, in 1591, to Camilla Peretti, Pope Sixtus' V sister. The castle, situated in a dominant position on the Fucino basin, is rectangular with four towers arranged at the corners and in the inside it has a courtyard around with there is a courtyard with different level: the lower with pointed arches and the upper with round arches. Restored in 1953, it gives hospitality to Marsica the Museum Sacred Art since 1992. The collection has been increased by most of the findings from the churches and museums of Marsica. Of great relief, a triptych, of the fourteenth century,  from Alba Fucens  and a painting depicting the Virgin attributed to Andrea Delitio (fifteenth century). Among the sacred art objects we can admire the silver cross of the  Orsini family dated 1334. The archaeological section has been enriched by the famous Torlonia collection.

WEB: http://www.museodellamarsica.beniculturali.it/

Torna su  

 

 

CELANO (AQ) - "MUSE' - NEW PALUDI MUSEUM - CELANO"

The Museum of Prehistory is presented as a structure that plays off a basement, ideally a tomb, on which portholes and windows open, while internal squares and terraces sommatali let us observe the surrounding environment. In its outskirts a settlement and a necropolis were found and also a tomb necropolis from the Bronze Age (II millennium BC), used until the final Bronze Age (1020 BC).

WEB: http://www.musepaludi.it/

Torna su
 
 
 

CHIETI (CH) - NATIONALE ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM OF ABRUZZO "VILLA FRIGERJ"

The museum gives hospitality to Villa Frigerj, featuring a neo-classical building with a central plan, characterized by a monumental scissor staircase, supported inside by Doric columns and a large central gallery originally used for the coaches. First sold to the town of Chieti and later to the state, in 1959 the villa became the headquarters of the Abruzzo National Archaeological Museum, which gives hospitality to the highest examples of Abruzzi culture from prehistory to the late imperial period.

Torna su
 
 
 
 
CHIETI (CH) - NATIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM OF ABRUZZO "LA CIVITELLA" 

The National Archaeological Museum is located within the Archaeological Park of the Roman amphitheater, built in the area that gave hospitality to the municipal stadium up to twenty years ago. The new institution, open since November 2000, shows, through a way of modern design and use, the materials and documents useful to the archaeological reconstruction of the birth and development of the city of Teate Marrucinorum (Chieti), and its territory.

Torna su 
 
 
 

PESCARA (PE) - BIRTHPLACE GABRIELE D'ANNUNZIO

The Museum is situed place on the first floor of the building that was owned by the family from the beginning of 1800. In 1927 it was declared "National Monument" by Royal Decree. In 1997, after an architectural restoration, a program of visits to the individual rooms of the “Museum House” was organized, where antique furniture and wall decorations of particular artistic value are preserved. Each room is illustrated with a legend that repeats passages from the Nocturne in which the poet recalls the environments, the objects and the people dear to him.

WEB: http://www.casadannunzio.beniculturali.it/

Torna su
 
 
 
 
TOCCOA CASAURIA (PE) -  ABBEY OF SAN CLEMENTE MUSEUM

The abbey of S. Clement at Casauria should be considered a real museum due to the presence of preserved artifacts, like in a case, in the charming interior: the “Ambo”, and the candlestick, the urn, the altar call the attention - and the admiration-  of  many visitors. In the past, Pier Luigi Heat, the scholar friend of Gabriele d 'Annunzio, collected and staged as lapidarium in some environments many inscriptions and other findings from the nearby Roman settlement and the church itself. Waiting for the new layout of the museum in the renovated local complex, you can see some of the material in the park of the abbey.

WEB: http://www.sanclementeacasauria.beniculturali.it/

Torna su 
 
 
 

CAMPLI (TE) - NATIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM 

Given hospitality in the ex convent of St. Francis, the Civilization Museum documents the Piceno civilization with Italic findings from the necropolis of Campovalano, one of the largest pre-Roman necropolis, that contains over 20,000 graves. The collections include various tipes of pottery, iron weapons, gold and glass jewelry, bronze and bone jewelry. A geological reconstruction of the area is also proposed, with rocks that indicate the evolution of the area.


 

Torna su